Oregon Web Guides
- Attractions in Central Oregon
- Mount Hood Ski Bowl ~ 8700 E. Hwy 26 Government Camp, OR.
- Mount Hood ~ including SKI reports!
- The Museum at Warm Springs ~ Warm Springs on Hwy 26.
- The Funny Farm at Buffet Flat ~ 7 miles North of Bend just off Hwy 97 at the Deschutes Junction.
- Crooked River RailRoad Company Dinner Train ~ 3 miles north of Redmond and turn east on O'Neil Rd.
- Pine Mountain Observatory ~ call first 383-8331 / 35 miles east of Bend hwy 20 to Millican then 9 miles So. of marked road.
- Paulina Peak ~ 24 miles south of Bend on hwy 97 then take Newberry Crater Rd. and follow signs.
- Mount Bachelor ~ best skiing in Oregon - days only!
- The High Desert Museum ~ located just south of Bend Oregon on hwy 97.
- Lava Butte and Lava Lands Visitor Center ~ Check out the Lava Tube located 11 miles south of Bend on Hwy 97
- Reindeer Ranch Operation Santa Claus ~ 4355 W. Hwy 126
- SunRiver Nature Center ~ SunRiver, OR
- Southern Oregon Vacation Guide
- Crater Lake National Park ~ 1,962-foot-deep lake (deepest in the USA) formed in caldron of collapsed volcano at the crest of the Cascade Mountain range (elev. 6,177 feet).
- The Mystery House and Oregon Vortex between Medford and Grants Pass in GoldHill Oregon, right off of I-5, you have got to see this one!
- Oregon Caves National Monument ~ year round gudied tours, enter cavern of chambers and connecting corridors into the "Marble Halls of Oregon".
- Ashland Oregon hosts the Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Oregon Recreational Dredging and Gold Panning on the Medford District
- Gold Nugget;
- Little Applegate;
- Tunnel Ridge;
- Rogue River (between applegate and Grave Creek)
- Rural Adventures in Eastern Oregon
- Pendleton Underground Tours ~ 37 S.W. Emigrant. Pendleton, OR 97801 ~ (503)276-0730 -
- Hells Canyon ~ Heres a Map
- Echo, Oregon ~ site of Ft. Henrietta along the Umatilla River.
- Visit John Day Fossil Beds ~ The 25th anniversary celebration of the establishment of the monument will be in year 2000.
- Find Fossils behind Wheeler High School in John Day, Oregon.
- The Valley
- Driving through Oregon? Avoid tickets, learn where the speed traps are.
- Any earthquakes in Oregon lately? Northwest Seismic Information :
- University of Washington Geophysics Program ~ Top Ten EarthQuake List
- The Virtual Times ~ NW Recent Earthquakes & Active Volcanoes :
- Portland Oregon Visitors Association ~ Portland Downtown Attractions
- InterPortland Guide
- Current weather report for Portland and Vancouver.
- Portland Parks & Recreation
- Visit the smallest city park in the USA, right here in Portland.
aka Mills End Park. A 24 inch park in diameter, dedicated
by the City of Portland located in the traffic island
intersection of SW Front and Taylor.
- Forest Park, the largest city park in the USA.
- Japanese Gardens, a haven of tranquil beauty located at 611 SW Kingston -
- The Grotto, the internationally reknowned Catholic sanctuary,
is a magnificent rock cave carved into the base of a 110 foot cliff located on NE 85th and Sandy blvd.
- The Astounding Woodstock Mystery Hole~ Portland, Oregon.
The Mystery Cam updates pictures from inside the Mystery Hole every hour!
For a guided tour, contact
at his new web site..
- World Forestry Center Museum ~ 4033 SW Canyon Rd.
- Metro Washington Park ZOO ~ 4001 SW Canyon Rd.
- Oregon History Center ~ 1200 SW Park Ave.
- Audubon House and Nature Store ~ 5151 NW Cornell Rd.
- American Advertising Museum located at 9 NW 2nd Ave.
- Portland Art Museum ~ 1219 SW Park Ave
- Pittock Mansion
overlooking Portland on 3229 NW Pittock Dr
PORTLAND URBAN ADVENTURES
This is a current picture of Downtown Portland from OMSI
- Get a good pair of shoes or boots before you start your journey
Al's Shoes & Boots 5811 SE 82nd Portland, OR
- Explore the Ghosts of North Portland
- Handwriting on the Wall? ~ of a building erected on Portland Oregon's first cemetery.
- The Expo Center ~ Historically, Hall A was a Japanese concentration camp during World War II.
- Tom Peterson's ~ on the corner of S.E. Foster & 82nd.
- Lacey's Bomber ~ a WWII bomber airplane and resturant located in Milwaukie at 13515 SE McLoughlin Blvd
- OMSI ~ Oregon Museum of Science and Industry 1945 SE Water Ave
- Nike Town ~ 930 SW 6th
There is also a factory outlet store on 3555 NE Martin Luther King blvd
- Topic ~ 947 Lloyd Center Portland, Oregon
- The 24 Hour Church of Elvis ~ The worlds first 24-hour coin-operated art gallery found at
750 SW Ankeny -
- The Radish People located between Northeast Weidler Street and Broadway, in the Lloyd Center.
- Dark Horse Comics ~ See a life size alien and preditor at Dark Horse Comics in Milwaukie OR on the corner of S.E. Main and S.E. Jackson.
- Cowboy's Then and Now Museum ~ 729 NE Oregon St.
- Hippo Hardware, a museum of Fixtures located at 1040 E Burnside
- Stark's Vacuum Cleaner Museum at 107 SE Grand
- Uncommon Treasures Antiques, jewelry, art, and gifts - Located at 3526 SE Hawthrone.
- Soutas Saltwater and Reef ~ 700-gallon fish tank is the largest saltwater tank in the state.
- sKATEBOARD Park under the Burnside Bridge ~ east end.
- The Portland Police Museum at the Justice Center ~ 1111 SW 2nd Ave
A tip: if your wanted for a crime, be sure to stop by the front desk and let them know your in town visiting. You might get a free doughnut.
- Oregon Maritime Center & Museum ~ 113 SW Front ~ 224-7724
- Historic Oaks Park ~ amusement park and roller rink by the Sellwood Bridge
- Portland Saturday Market ~ 108 West Burnside
- The UFO Museum ~ 1637 SW Alder
This is relocating but still pretty cool, and here's "proof".
- Windmill House ~ 92nd & SE Mill
- The longest pendulum in the United States is found at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, OR. It swings from a 90 ft long cable above the heads of visitors and weighs 900 lbs.
- The Worlds-longest pedestrian suspension bridge. ~ 660-foot long bridge connects the Veterans Administration Hospital and the Oregon Health Science University ~ 3181 SW Jackson Park Rd.
- Portland's Bridges ~ On the right is a picture of the Saint John's Bridge.
- Willamette Week ~ Best of Portland 1997
ENJOY ENTERTAINMENT WITH FOOD
FOOD & SHELTER IN PORTLAND
- Visit the Rose Quarter
- Watch a movie for a buck! Pizza and microbrews are extra
- Sylvia's Italian Resturant and Class Act Dinner Theatre ~ 5115 NE Sandy blvd. ~ 288-6828
- Enjoy a meal and brew with a Ghost. They say these places are haunted...
- The White Eagle Cafe & Saloon ~ 863 N Russell ~ 282-6810
- Elephant & Castle ~ 439 SW 2nd ~ 222-5698
- Virginia Cafe ~ 725 S.W.Park ~ 227-0033
- Where are the good radio stations in Oregon?
Many are broadcasting live over the Net, so you can hear for yourself:
Tune into The BEAT 970 AM and 107.5 FM,
NRK 97.4 FM, KUFO 101 FM
for Alternative Rock; 92.7 KGON in Portland and
96.1 KZEL in Eugene for Classic Rock; KEX 1190 has Talk Radio, Sports, and
News; Christain radio on Spirit Radio 107.5 FM; Classicial Music is found at
FM; and last, but certainly not least: 106.7 KKJZ FM and 102 KINK FM.
for Easy Listening/JAZZ Music.
The Country Music station is no doubt KUPL 97.9 FM.
- Portland also has some of the best up and coming bands
on the local circuit:
Check out the local Concert update:
Here's a current picture of Newport at the Coast,
Click the picture for a larger view.
PORTLAND'S BEST FOR HAIR
- Hair Styling
- BOB Shop
555 S.W. Oak Portland OR
1 (503) 226-2886
- Magnum Opus
805 N.W. Gilsan Portland Oregon
1 (503) 228-1918
- Hickox and Friends
615 S.W. Broadway Portland OR
1 (503) 241-7111
- Ethnic Hair Care
Waves Hair Design
1926 N.E. Sandy Blvd. Portland OR
1 (503) 232-6263
- Beaterville Cafe ~ 2150 N Killingsworth St.
- The Alibi Resturant & Lounge ~ 4024 N. Interstate ~ 287-5335
- Mary's Place at Demetri's ~ W. Burnside @ 17th ~ 222-1507
- Montage ~ 301 SE Morrison ~ 234-1324
- Umbra Penumbra Cafe/Salon ~ 316 SW 9th ~ 223-4497
- Papa Haydn ~ 701 NW 23d ave ~ 228-7317 & 5829 SE Milwuakie ~ 232-9440
- The Western Culinary Institute's Daily Dinner ~ 1310 NW 13th St.
- Zell's An American Cafe ~ 1300 SE Morrison ~ 239-0196
- Bread and Ink Cafe ~ 3610 SE Hawthrone Bvld. ~ 239-4756
- Rocco's Pizza
- Pizza Hut ~ Various locations
If Pizza Hut did'nt work, try- iPizza the Electronic Pizza Kitchen
- The Ringside
- East ~ 14021 NE Gilsan ~ 255-0750
- West ~ 2165 W Burnside ~ 223-1513
- Delpina's Ristorante Italiano ~ 2112 NW Kearney ~ 221-1195
- The Olive Garden ~ 8700 SE Sunnyside Rd, Clackamas ~ 652-1200
- Mama's Maria's Resturant & Lounge ~ 3218 SE 21st ~ 231-0102
- The Old Spaghetti Factory ~ 0715 SW Bancroft ~ 222-5375
- Esparza's Tex Mex Cafe ~ 2725 SE Ankeny ~ 234-7909
- The Bull Ring NW ~ 1900 NW 27th ~ 274-4096
- The Iron Horse Restaurant ~ 6043 SE Milwaukie ~ 232-1826
- Bush Garden Japanese Restaurant ~ 900 SW Morrison ~ 226-7181
- Uogashi Japanese Restaurant ~ 107 NW Couch ~ 242-1848
- Koji Osakaya Japanese Fish House ~ 7007 SW Macadam ~ 293-1066
- Vegetarian and Health Foods
- Here's a great list of Portland's Healthly & Vegetarian Restaurants and Stores. On the Net, sometimes you have to go to far away places, such as the United Kingdom, to find out about local Hot spots!
- Localmenus.com provides Oregon's most complete listing of area restaurants with menus.
- dine.com ~ Portland Oregon.
- Go here for a much bigger list of Portland area Restaurants.
- And don't for get Desert ~ Godiva Chocolatier ~ @ 700 SW 7th inside the Pioneer Place Shopping Center
- Papa Haydn ~ Best Desert House in Portland
- West ~ 701 NW 23d ave ~ 228-7317
- East ~ 5829 SE Milwuakie ~ 232-9440
- R K (Rimski Korsakoffee) Coffee House ~ 707 SE 12th ~ 232-2640
- The Pied Cow ~ 3244 SE Belmont ~ 230-4866
- Umbra Penumbra Cafe/Salon ~ 316 SW 9th ~ 223-4497
- The Green Room ~ 2280 NW Thurman ~ 228-6178
- Murry's Bagel's ~ 1000 S.W. Broadway ~ 242-2435
(Fresh Bagels Baked Daily) ~ mmmmm
BOOKS, BOOKS, and more BOOKS
ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
TRANSPORTATION AND TOURISM
OSU - Corvallis - Go Beavs!!!
If you did'nt find it here, try Yahoo search.
Explore the Edge of CyberSpace and Beyond