April 9-27, 2008

Wing work continues - 31 hrs.

I didn't take a lot of pictures during the month of April. I'm anxious to get these wings finished, and much of this work is redundant and documented on the left wing. So I didn't see the need to take all those pictures again. For purposes of a log and documenting my progress, however, I'm listing my work here.

April 10, 2008 - 2.0 hrs.

Deburred the holes in the top inboard skin, deburred the skin edges, and worked on the scarf joint.

April 11, 2008 - 3.0 hrs.

Dimpled the top inboard skin, clecoed it to the wing. De-vinyled the top outboard skin, deburred the holes.

April 12, 2008 - 2.0 hrs.

Dimpled the top outboard skin, clecoed it to the wing.

April 13, 2008 - 1.0 hr

Started riveting the top inboard skin to the frame. Jamie helped me get most of it done.

April 25, 2008 - 5.0 hrs.

De-vinyled bottom inboard skin. Jamie helped me finish riveting the top skins to the wing. She shoots great rivets!

April 26, 2008 - 10.0 hrs.

Removed top skin vinyl. De-vinyled, deburred, and dimpled both bottom skins. My son Luke helped me take the wing off the jig and place it in the cradle. Done with the wing jig!

April 27, 2008 - 8.0 hrs.

Dismantled the wing jig and cleaned up the shop. We're definitely entering a new phase now. It feels good to reach another mini-milestone and have my shop back to "normal". Prepared and installed all the nutplates in the bottom skins' access plate holes.

<< Previous | Home | Next >>

Contact me: swayze "at" (replace "at" with the @ sign... no spaces... you know the deal)